The Vital Role of Play-Based Education
Learning is the Basic Need of Humanity That’s why learning starts from the birth of a child till its death. Learning through play gives your child a great opportunity to develop and learn new skills at their own pace by following their unique interests.
Importance of play on Learning new things:
Recent research proves that play has an important role in our daily lives because it improves health quality of life, and a strong and peaceful mind.
- Provide opportunities to learn about their environment and the wider community.
- Promote their imagination, independence, and creativity.
- Maintain and improve their mental and physical health.
- Play provides opportunities for developing learning skills.
Toys are generally considered to be specifically built for children’s use.
How do you choose which is the right toy for your child?
How can you tell which toys are high quality and which will last?
There are many questions parents ask, and there are a lot of toys that have been developed for a young child who is just beginning to walk. We give some ideas for choosing and selecting Educational toys that will grow with your child, challenge them, and nurture their thinking, physical, language, and social-emotional skills.
How to select Educational toys for Children that start walking or 2 years old:
Most of the children play with a toy for two days and never touch it again. Select one that toy will engage your child’s interest for more than a few days or more than weeks.
Select that toys can be used in many ways:
- That your child can play many different games with them.
- That helped him develop problem-solving and logical thinking skills.
- Like: Toys for sand and water play, and nesting blocks.
Toys that persuade to do or continue investigation:
- Play gives the chance to children to practice new skills again and again. Toys that give kids a chance can build their logical thinking skills.
- Like: cups, and art materials like clay.
Toys that help in problem-solving:
- These types of toys help in understanding how things fit together, hand and eye coordination, and using small hands and fingers.
- Like: Puzzles.
Select toys that strengthen your child’s imagination:
- As age grows a child’s imagination and thinking power also grow, choose the type of toys that can be changed according to your child’s imagination.
- Like: Dress-up clothing, blocks, toy food and plastic plates, action figures, stuffed animals and dolls, trains and trucks, and many more.
Select toys that make your child active:
- Just beginning to walk babies want to do all kinds of activities and they are more confident with their bodies. Your job is to look for toys that help your child practice current physical skills and develop new ones.
- Like: Balls of different shapes and sizes, plastic bowling sets, child-size basketball hoop, wagon to fill and pull.
On 1 February 2013, the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child adopted a General Comment that clarified for governments worldwide the meaning and importance of Article 31 of the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
It is through play that children at a very early age engage and interact in the world around them.
Parents can feel more secure knowing that their children are happy, safe, and enjoying themselves.